The area of the Town now known as Parnell (near the center of the township at the intersection of County Roads A and V and Parnell Road) has long been important to the Town. While its growth was slow at first by the early years of the past century it included two stores, two hotels, a cheese factory, a meat market, a blacksmith shop, a post office, a district school house, a medical doctor, a number of residences, as well as the Town Hall. Today it includes only the Town Hall, Parnell Tavern, a few newer residences, and some vacant buildings. The settlement became known as Parnell when the the post office was established here in 1886. It was named after Charles Parnell, an Irish member of the British Parliament. Charles Parnell was born in 1846 and died in 1891.
To learn more about the history of the Town of Mitchell and Parnell, please check out the Mitchell Now & Then book which can be looked at or purchased for $5.00 at the Town Hall.
The Town is mainly serviced by the Cascade Fire Department, with dedicated support from the Beechwood and Greenbush Fire Departments. We are also serviced by the Cascade First Responders.
Our children are educated in the following school districts:
Plymouth, Campbellsport and Kewaskum.
9/26/2016 - Plan Commission Meeting @ 7 p.m.
10/10/2016 - Town Board Meeting @ 7 p.m.
10/31/2016 - Plan Commission @ 7 p.m.
Copyright 2011 Town Of Mitchell. All rights reserved. Please see website policy.